Seven Things for Kids (and Families) to Do
Big Horn Basin Folk Festival is family-friendly. Many demonstrators have hands-on activities especially for kids. Others are skilled at show-and-tell with even small children.
1) Many demonstrators have hands-on opportunities – just ask the magic words, “Can I try?”
2) Basic rug hooking is easy for kids to learn, and the rug hookers have tools and supplies to try it. Wild West Rug Hooking Tent.
3) Learn how to rope with John Herrin. On the Green.
4) Fun mini-workshop just for kids! “Miss V” shows how to fashion music makers using simple items around the house. Hot Springs State Park grounds.
5) Learn a Jewish/Israeli folk dance! Adults welcome also! Pavilion.
6) Get down & dirty! Family-friendly hands-on garden arts activities conducted by Red Dirt Master Gardeners. SWAG Guild Tent.
7) Come watch Thermopolis Middle School in a special reading & performance presentation of a chapter from The Great Brain by John Fitzgerald. Sunday noon in the Storytelling Circle Tent.
8) Express yourself in color at the Color Thermopolis mural.